Applying for SSI in Ocala can seem overwhelming, especially if this is your first time working with the Social Security Administration. Keep reading to discover 3 easy steps to apply for SSI in Ocala!
Did you know that you don’t necessarily have to go into a Social Security Administration office to apply for SSI in Ocala? Fortunately, technology has made applying for SSI benefits online possible.
However, there are a few things you’ll want to gather before you dive into your online application for SSI in Ocala, including:
– Creating a My Social Security account
– Employer details for this year and previous 2 years
– List of medical conditions
Click here to view the complete checklist for the Social Security Administration’s online adult disability application.
Also, only certain applicants are eligible to apply online. The Social Security Administration states the following:
“You can now also file for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) online but only if you meet certain requirements. You are eligible to file online for SSI if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 and 65;
- Have never been married;
- Aren’t blind;
- Are a U.S. citizen residing in one of the fifty states, District of Columbia, or the Northern Mariana Islands;
- Haven’t applied for or received SSI benefits in the past; and
- Are applying for Social Security Disability Insurance at the same time as your SSI claim. Find out if you are eligible to receive Social Security Disability Benefits.”
3 Easy Steps to Apply for SSI in Ocala
Whether you are going the traditional route and applying in person or taking the modern approach by applying for your SSI benefits online, there are 3 easy steps to follow.
Step #1: Determine if you qualify for SSI benefits in Ocala
Step #3: Gather the necessary documents and complete the application
If you need assistance determining your eligibility for SSI in Ocala or need help applying, we’d be happy to serve you. Contact us to start helping you today.